Wednesday 14 November 2012

Possible Ideas for the Narration Overlay

Idea 1:

Narration - 'Cousin Kate' Poem

To help the audience understand why the man is killing the girl, we thought it would be a good idea to include some narration. We have found the poem 'Cousin Kate' by Christina Rossetti and thought that when adapted, verses three and four would be good to use. These verses are below:
 

O Lady Kate, my cousin Kate,
 

You grew more fair than I:

 
He saw you at your father's gate,


Chose you, and cast me by.

 
He watched your steps along the lane,

 
Your work among the rye;

He lifted you from mean estate

 
To sit with him on high.


The neighbours call you good and pure,

 
Call me an outcast thing.

 
As I sit and howl in dust,

 
You sit in gold and sing:

 
Now which of us has tenderer heart?


You had the stronger wing.


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment